Meet Jill Braun
WAC North Shore member since 2007
Family: Married with 4 children (all under age 6!)
Career: Critical Care Nurse (part-time) and Business Owner
From the Trainer...
• Getting back to pre-pregnancy physical condition with an emphasis on core and mid-section.
• Making sure she has the energy and stamina for any extra demands on an already hectic and very full life…like a personal goal to put more emphasis on her career(s) and education and work a little more outside the home.
• Get to the club as often as possible – including many early am’s while the kids are sleeping and before the hubby goes to work; she also works out with friends so she’s less likely to skip!
• Cardio conditioning featuring incline treadmill workouts, increasing both speed and incline to boost calorie burn while toning legs and glutes.
• 30-minute weight (and sometimes weightless) workouts including head-to-toe training to hit all the major muscle groups every workout. These sessions are planned to the minute to maximize time spent at the club.
Mixing It Up
• Interval class/strength training
• Adam Witt’s Peak Performance Advanced Training Class
• Fitting back into my pre-baby clothes and feeling stronger
• Being proud of turning 40 and feeling fantastic!
• Enjoying time at the club knowing the kids are also having a great time at the Kid’s Clubhouse. It’s a huge comfort to have your children welcomed and called by name so you can relax and concentrate on a little “me” time. The ultimate in multi-tasking!
• Even if you only have 30 minutes to exercise and you’re dragging, stick with it! It’s the best gift you can give yourself.
• Use every available resource, be flexible, and make sure to schedule time for yourself.
• Stay true to yourself and your passions in life…even when you’re crazy busy and feel like your head might spin off!