Recipe of the Month - May 2011
Cranberry Walnut Corn Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal (I like Bobís Red Mill course grind)
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups (12oz.) fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, oil and honey.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
5. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or insert cup liners. Fill three-fourths full with batter. Batter will fill 15 muffin cups.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks.
Serves: Makes 15 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Per Muffin: 150 calories, 5g fat, 174mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 1g added sugar, 2g fiber, 3g protein