Bonus Recipe - August 2011
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the garlic and oregano and cook until the garlic is fragrant, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain. Return to pot.
3. Stir in the garlic mixture and broth.
4. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or until broth is absorbed, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in parsley.
Per serving: 278 calories; 7.7g fat (1g sat.); 7.9g protein; 43.7g carb; 1.5g fiber; 2.4g iron; 66mg sodium.