Recipe of the Month - May 2012
Crab, Corn & Tomato Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
WAC Fun Food Fact
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe beefsteak tomato
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Combine rind, 3 tablespoons juice, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
2. Reserve 1 ½ tablespoons juice mixture.
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons juice, corn, basil leaves, bell pepper, onion, and crab meat to remaining juice mixture.
4. Toss gently to coat.
5. Arrange 2 tomato slices and ½ cup cherry tomatoes on each of 4 plates.
6. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon reserved juice mixture over each serving.
7. Top each serving with 1 cup corn and crab mixture.
Calories 242; Fat 5.6g (sat 0.6g); Protein 30g; carb 17.7g Fiber 3.6g; Chol 128mg; Iron 1.8mg; Sodium 613mg; Calcium 161mg
From Cooking Light