Recipe of the Month - August 2012
Roasted Peach Sundaes
WAC Fun Food Fact
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
4. Top each peach half with a ½ cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using).
5. Serve immediately.
138 calories; 30g carb; 5g protein; 0g fat; 1g fiber; 64mg sodium