Recipe of the Month - May 2013
Garden Turkey Burgers
• 1 cup old-fashioned oats
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
3. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
4. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
5. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
6. Serve on buns.
Yield: 6 servings.
Calculated for 1 burger (prepared with lean ground turkey and without salt; without the bun) 188 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein - From tasteofhome.com
Click to download recipe.