Recipe of the Month - November 2013
Oven-Roasted Squash with Garlic & Parsley
• 5 pounds winter squash (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 11/2 teaspoons salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
3. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Click to download Recipe.