21 Days of Gratitude
Did you know your brain is NOT designed to make you happy? Actually, your brain has only one primary responsibility—to make you survive. Thus your brain is wired specifically to look out for danger and to seek out the negative. Left unattended, your brain will ruminate in the negative all day, every day of your life.
This is where the power of gratitude comes in. If you want to point your life in a positive direction, you have to retrain your mind towards abundance and what's positive by forcing it to focus it on what you are grateful for. If you want to become great, you have to focus on being grateful!
Instructions: Depending on how public or private you would like to make this challenge, we challenge you to document your gratefulness through a journal or posting through social media! For the next 21 days, take three minutes at the end of the day and write down/post what you appreciate, what's good and what you're grateful for.
21-DAY GRATITUDE JOURNAL CHALLENGE
Write a little bit on each topic every day.
- What made you smile today?
- What accomplishments in your life have brought you the most happiness?
- What do you like about the current season?
- What is something that one of your family members did today that made you happy?
- What made you laugh today?
- What do you love about one or more of your friends?
- What is a trial or challenge that has strengthened you?
- What do you like about your job or co-workers?
- What was the best thing that happened today?
- What is a basic necessity that you are grateful for?
- What do you like about your body?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- What about your health and well-being are you grateful for?
- What is something beautiful about where you live?
- What freedoms are you grateful for?
- What did you learn today?
- What was your favorite taste, smell, touch, sight, or sound from today?
- What relationships make your life feel rich and full?
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
- What experiences are you grateful for?
- What did you learn and what did you enjoy in taking on this challenge?
21-DAY GRATITUDE SOCIAL MEDIA CHALLENGE
Share your thankfulness on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using #WAC21dayGratitude or #WACgratitudechallenge.
- Something I see every day
- Something I do every day
- Health and Fitness
- Something that makes me laugh
- Something that makes me smile
- Something that fills me with hope
- Something that fills me with love
- Something I accomplished today
- Passion or Purpose
- Letting go