Downtown - Masks Required
In accordance with a City of Milwaukee Ordinance1, face masks or coverings are required for everyone (ages 3+) indoors at the WAC Downtown. Masks are also required outdoors when 6 feet of social distancing is not available.
Individuals who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition must wear a face shield*. If you do not have a mask or face shield, the WAC can provide one for you to use.
Face masks or shields must be worn in all fitness spaces, including the fitness floor, group exercise rooms, locker rooms and all other common areas.
Masks or face shields are not required in the following conditions:
- When swimming or showering
- Instructors who are teaching a class, provided they are at least 6 feet apart
- While eating or drinking
- While outside, must remain at least 6 feet apart
- Sauna or Steam Rooms
In addition to mask use, we recommend following all CDC guidelines:
- Stay 6 feet apart from others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
- Stay home if you feel sick or if you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Inquire with your physician about a vaccine.
*Face shields should not be used as an alternative to a mask for those without medical conditions preventing mask use. Masks are the CDC’s preferred Covid-19 prevention method.