Bachelor's in Kinesiology - Exercise Science from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED Certification through American Red Cross
- Was a competitive cheerleader throughout high school.
- Worked on exercise programming for children with physical and intellectual disabilities, cancer recovery patients and collegiate athletes.
- Taught yoga for three years at UWEC for faculty, athletes, students and community members.
- Was a Physical Therapy Aide for over a year at an outpatient clinic in Altoona, WI.
- Ran the Eau Claire Half Marathon in 2018 and the virtual relay in 2020.
I would say my specialties are basic fitness and functionality as well as post rehab and continued education. I enjoy working with those diagnosed with neurological conditions, like MS, Parkinson's, TBI, cerebral palsy, etc. I understand how tough those diagnoses can be and I want to be a resource for continued rehabilitation and exercise to regain strength. I also have taught power yoga, proper lifting techniques, corrective exercise and injury prevention.
I love any physical activity outdoors, like wakeboarding, hiking, biking, golfing, yoga and spending time with my family. We are huge Packer fans. I love reading and will take any recommendations for a good book. Traveling to new places and experiencing new ways of life. I enjoy learning to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations.
Physical activity and a positive attitude can cure almost all aliments. Keep moving! Your body is your temple, what you put in it is what you get out of it. All individual bodies are different and what works for someone else may not work for you and that's okay. We can learn and create an exercise regimen that works best for you to achieve your fitness goals and build a lifestyle you enjoy.