Safer Than Ever
At the Wisconsin Athletic Club, our top priority remains keeping our Members and Teams safe. This includes establishing extensive safety guidelines and protocols that align with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, the WAC has tapped into Global Fitness Industry Leaders to incorporate best practices and products to operate in a COVID-19 world. As a result, we have become agile in our ability to source and introduce new recommendations as they become available. This level of care and attention ensures that our clubs will be safer than ever.
Bookmark this page, and please stop by often for updates as they become available.
Safer Than Ever Area Updates
Click on a link below to view the more information on a specific area or service.
To help prevent the spread of infectious diseases, we have made improvements and modifications to our already robust cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- We have modified hours to allow for nightly deep cleaning.
- Electrostatic Sprayers will be used to apply EPA-registered disinfectant on hard surfaces and high-touch objects.
- A GPS Bipolar ionization system has been added to our HVAC units to continually clean the air.
- EPA-registered disinfectants will be used; see our list of cleaning products.
- We have upgraded and added more sanitizing stations for member use.
- We will be disinfecting studios and equipment after every class.
- WAC Team Members will be trained in proper and safe ways to use any new cleaning products.
Social distancing is a simple yet effective mechanism to prevent potential infection. For Member and Team Member safety, we will meet or exceed state and local health authority guidelines on proper physical distancing.
- Members and Team Members are encouraged to remain at least six feet apart.
- Equipment has been spaced out or turned off to provide additional space.
- Class sizes will be limited and studios will be marked for social distancing.
- Lockers will be limited to provide adequate space.
- Floor markings provide social distancing guides as you approach the Front Desk.
Team Member Safety
In an effort to keep all Members and Team Members healthy, safe and comfortable, each WAC Team Member will be trained on the Wisconsin Athletic Club, LLC Safe Work Playbook.
- Team Members will all follow the On-Site Health Screening Protocol that includes checking for symptoms and a temperature reading.
- Team Members who are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 will not be allowed to work.
- All WAC Team Members will be instructed on proper hand-washing technique and frequency.
- The use of face masks or coverings are required for all WAC Team Members.
- Team members will be required to follow all social distancing guidelines.
We have implemented a series of Safer than Ever protocols to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience at our clubs. We believe that when we look out for the club and one another, everyone wins. We ask that you honor these guidelines to help make an exceptional experience for everyone.
- Please come dressed to work out.
- Avoid person-to-person contact, including handshakes, hugs and high fives.
- Please make sure to practice social distancing when in close, shared spaces like locker rooms and bathrooms. Follow the markers placed around the club to maintain a safe distance.
- Wipe down equipment before and after each use.
- Wash hands at the beginning and end of your visit and after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or touching your face.
- If you have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come to the club.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to the Club for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming to the club, please stay home and stay safe. Contact Member Services if you have any issues with your membership.
- Face coverings or shields must be worn in all fitness spaces, including the fitness floor, group exercise rooms, locker rooms and all other common areas. For more information, view our Mask Policy.
- Individuals who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition must wear a face shield. If you do not have a mask or face shield, the WAC can provide one for you to use.
- Face masks should be worn over the nose and mouth.
Welcome Home Tours
Schedule a private tour of the club, complete with a walk-through of all of our Safer Than Ever initiatives. Available for both current and new Members!